5 Reasons Why You Should Watch "Why Did I Get Married Again?"
I'll be honest, I'm not really a Tyler Perry fan. Actually, let me correct that. I'm not really a Tyler Perry movie fan because, before this, I don't think I had properly sat down to watch any of his movies. So when my roommate started hyping Why Did I Get Married Again?, I was just there listening to her rambling and thinking, Okayyy, let me see what this girl is seeing.
Eventually, I watched it for myself.
And… she might have had a point. 😂
The funny thing is that when I first started watching Why Did I Get Married Again?, I was completely confused. I was sitting there like, “Wait. Who is this person? Why are they angry? What happened between these people? Am I supposed to know this already?” And then I realised that maybe starting from the third movie wasn't my smartest decision.
So I went back and watched Why Did I Get Married? and Why Did I Get Married Too?
![]() |
| First one |
![]() |
| Second one |
And that was when everything started making sense.
And honestly? It was littt.
After watching the first two movies, I understood the characters better, understood their relationships and finally understood why people were so invested in this whole story. I can definitely say it was worth the hype.
My favourite character has to be Angela. That woman is something else. 😂 And my most hated character? I think a lot of people will agree with me when I say Mike. Because honestly, some of his decisions had me sitting in front of my screen like, sir, what exactly are you doing?
Anyway, after watching the whole thing, I started thinking about why I actually enjoyed it, and I came up with five reasons why I think you should watch it too.
1. It balances humour with real-life issues.
One thing I liked is that the movie doesn't make everything unnecessarily serious. There are genuinely funny moments, ridiculous situations and characters that will make you laugh, but underneath all of that are very real issues.
You are watching people joke around one minute and then suddenly you're dealing with marriage problems, trust, communication, cheating, forgiveness and all the complicated things that come with relationships. So you're laughing one moment and then thinking, wait… this is actually deep.
2. You will definitely learn something
One thing I like about movies like this is when I can actually take something away from them instead of just watching people create problems for two hours. 😂 And Why Did I Get Married Again? has quite a few lessons hidden inside all the drama.
You get to see how poor communication can affect relationships, how keeping things bottled up can make problems worse, and how the decisions one person makes can affect not just them but the people around them too. It also makes you think about forgiveness, trust, boundaries and what it really means to work through problems with someone. You may not agree with every character or every decision they make, but you will definitely find yourself thinking about some of these things.
3. The characters will make you FEEL something.
And I mean this in the best way because some of these people will make you love them, some will irritate you, and some will have you talking to your screen like they can actually hear you. 😂
Angela was easily one of my favourites because of her personality and the way she handles certain situations. Then you have Mike, who somehow managed to become my personal headache. And that's what made the movie interesting for me. I wasn't just watching random people go through random problems. I actually started caring about what happened to them. I wanted some people to succeed, wanted some people to get sense, and wanted some people to please leave everybody alone. 😂
4. There is always something happening.
If you are the kind of person who gets bored when a movie takes forever to get somewhere, this one will probably keep your attention. There is always another conversation, another problem, another revelation or another person making a decision that makes you wonder, “But why would you do that?”
Just when you think you've understood what is happening, somebody will reveal something else and suddenly the entire situation looks different. And because I had already watched the first two movies, I could understand the history behind a lot of the drama, which made everything even more interesting.
5. It will give you something to talk about after watching it.
I think this is one of the things I enjoyed most. Some movies end and you're just like, “Okay, nice,” and you move on with your life.
This one? You will have opinions. 😂
You will probably have a favourite character, a character you cannot stand, a relationship you think makes sense, another one you think is a disaster, and at least one decision that will make you pause the movie and ask, “What exactly is going on here?”
And honestly, I like movies that do that. I like when a movie gives me something to think about after the credits, whether it's about the characters, their decisions or even situations that can happen in real life.
So, if you're like me and you've never really been interested in Tyler Perry movies, maybe this is your sign to give this one a chance. Just please don't make my mistake and start with Why Did I Get Married Again? 😂 Go back to Why Did I Get Married? and Why Did I Get Married Too? first.
Trust me, you'll understand the hype much better.
And to my roommate who kept rambling about this movie until I finally watched it… fine. You were right. ðŸ˜ðŸ˜‚



Comments
Post a Comment